Sunday, March 3, 2019

Research - clothing

A very important factor of filming an opening is clothing, it can reveal so much about a character or scene, like tell a viewer a character's socioeconomic status or current situation. The only character's outfit I'm set with is the uber driver's. I want to make him look insane to the audience, with a white tank top that can be bloody, showing the driver to be unstable to the main character and the audience. For the rest of the film opening, I would love for everyone to where very cool black clothing like from The Matrix. Kyra and I wanted to show that there is something off about the universe or state the people are in by their clothing. It automatically makes one think of an organized society or something similar, something I want the main character to realize; it adds uniqueness. This will make the main character even more confused and give her more of a reason to think something is off before figuring it all out. Maybe she won't even notice at first and she questions the clothing later.

I don't know if I want the clothing to be an obvious factor of the film, or something that comes to mind when it ends. However, I know I do want it to affect the main character and audience somewhere in the film. Here is a picture of the clothing I'm talking about. Image result for clothing the matrix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is an embedded version.