Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Objects/Props

Props are a very important element in a film and for the opening, we need to make sure everything is set and planned before shooting. Props we are including in the films opening is a broken phone, which Kyra can provide. I also wanted to add odd props in the car of the stranger that she goes into. Possibly a knife or something that should cause suspicion.

I take a lot of inspiration from the film Legally Blonde because of its props. More specifically, her pink pen she used while in law school. Items like a pink pen bring out the small appreciative details of the movie and steal the spotlight for a moment. That is kind of what I want to be done in my film opening. The shot in Legally Blonde focuses on the object while showing the dichotomy in the background. I was thinking the man driving the main character in my film opening should have a sketchy object and it should be a clue of his sanity or lack there of. The prop should be the film opening’s focus for simply a shot.

A still from Legally Blonde (2001):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is an embedded version.