Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Editing

One of if not the most important element in a film is its editing. Although I find it one of the most difficult and time consuming parts, it’s something every film must go to. I want to make the editing, more specifically the editing in the argument scene, to be similar to that of The Notebook.

I know the people fighting in my film opening aren’t a couple, but in order for the argument to look real I think the best situation to think of is a couple fighting. The emotions are out, raw, and unapologetic and the editing helps bring out the drama. I believe my friend (Leah) who is taking the role of the main character can deliver on her performance, the yelling and all!

The editing in this scene is calm-paced yet quickly focuses on the other character when it is their turn to argue with the occasional shot of the other character’s reaction. Since the fight shouldn´t be the main focus of the film opening, the editing shouldn´t stand out in the scene, but fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is an embedded version.