Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Cinematography

Even though the film opening I will be shooting is nothing like the movie Psycho, but I draw a lot of inspiration from the film´s cinematography. The film’s close-ups really allows the main character be the film’s focus, something I think the film revolutionized for the horror genre. A film can be just as creepy or frightening with a focus on a main character other than solely on gore. I think this kind of cinematography would work best for our film since we don’t have many if any adrenaline scenes.

My cinematography can translate as somewhat slow but simply to pay attention to detail. I think it’s important to take your time with a film and the best way to show effort it through cinematography and editing, but editing is a whole other hurdle! I want to help portray beautiful images in order to share a story.

A still from Psycho (1960):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is an embedded version.