Sunday, February 24, 2019

Music

Personally, one of the most important factors in a film/film opening is the music. Due to our genre and overall vibe of the film opening, I want to go towards a techno-music route. Nightcall by Kavinsky is one song I draw inspiration from. The voice in the song also somewhat creepy. 

I like this kind of song above all others because since our opening will most likely be inspired by a Black Mirror and will be under the genre of psychological thriller/horror, I want the music to be somewhat futuristic and "creep" up on the viewer. Any other type of song would not do the same.

Music will set the mood for the opening and will be one of the first things a viewer notices. Thus, being one of the first thing that forms a viewer's attention. Music is very important to me and I want to make it a focal point in the film opening, maybe syncing with the editing on screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here is an embedded version.